Paul Shoebridge and Michael Simons are award-winning authors, artists and creative directors. They have spent most of their professional lives telling stories in compelling new ways, creating unique books, magazines and television spots. They are most known for their award-winning work with Adbusters Magazine.
They were creative collaborators on the book Design Anarchy, edited by Kalle Lasn, and in 2008 they co-authored the groundbreaking I Live Here with Mia Kirshner and J.B. MacKinnon. This four-volume collection, often described as a “paper documentary,” incorporated art, writing and graphic novels to tell stories about some of the world’s most troubled regions. The book received significant media attention throughout North America and the UK and was on numerous top ten book lists, including the Los Angeles Times, Canadian Booksellers Association and January Magazine bestseller lists.
Winners of the 2000 Webby Award for Activism, the Goggles have also produced major international advocacy campaigns for TV Turnoff Week, Buy Nothing Day and the Blackspot Sneaker, which was listed as one of the New York Times’ “Best Ideas” of 2004. Their work has been featured in hundreds of publications, on CNN and MTV, as well as in documentaries for the BBC and PBS. They have given talks around the world on the topics of politics, art and design.
Selected accolades for Welcome to Pine Point:
• 2 Webby Awards (NetArt and Documentary: Individual Episode)
• IDFA DocLab Official Selection (Amsterdam)
• Rooftop Film Festival Offical Selection (New York)
• Winner, Sheffield Doc Fest (UK)
• Short Film of the Week, New York
• Very Short List
• Dope Award
• DOXA Documentary Film Festival (Vancouver)
• Banff World Media Festival
• New York Festivals (Interactive)
• Bellaria Film Festival (Italy)
• FWA Site of the Day
• Communication Arts Site of the Day
• FITC Awards (Best Narrative)
• Featured in Paris Review, New York Times, Time Magazine, Le Monde, Variety, Ad Age, O’Reilly Radar, mentions by Douglas Coupland, Kate Pullinger, Margaret Atwood
You can find Welcome to Pine Point here.