Woods Hole, MA: February 16 – 20, 2015
The Woods Hole Library, with support from the Brabson Library and Educational Foundation, is offering a one-week Workshop for 12 Upper Cape High School students interested in audio and radio production. The Workshop will take place in Woods Hole, MA, from February 16th through 20th, 2015. Participating students will develop writing, interviewing and organizational skills, as they become familiar with the recording and editing equipment and software used in radio production. The weeklong workshop will end with a public presentation of these short audio pieces at the Woods Hole Library. Some may ultimately air on local public radio station WCAI.
Applications due by January 23rd (11:59 p.m. EST)
Class and Cost
Thanks to a generous grant from the Brabson Library and Educational Foundation, the fee for the week is $50 and includes:
- Training by Rob Rosenthal, lead instructor for the Transom Story Workshop.
- Your own copy of Hindenburg Journalist audio editor to keep.
- Use of quality field-recording equipment. (Or bring your own if you like.)
Workshop participants will gather Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. By the end of the week, each participant will have produced a vox pop – a short radio story featuring interviews with people on the street. Participants are expected to bring a laptop to work on and to provide their own transportation to and from the Workshop each day. Lunch is not provided.
Dates and Deadlines
- Applications open November 12, 2014
- Applications due January 23, 2015 (11:59 p.m. EST)
- Applicants notified of selection decisions January 28, 2015
- Enrollment confirmation January 30, 2015
- Workshop fees due in full February 6, 2015
- Workshop takes place February 16 – 20, 2015